Monday, January 17, 2011

True Grit (the new one)

True Grit Rated PG-13  Rated 10s
True Grit is one of the very few movies that is better than the
original, but,after seeing this movie, I realized that I didn't really love the original that much. The same goes for this. I was definitely expecting more out of this Coen Brothers film. The story was a bit dull and slow, but I guess the only thing I should be complaining about is that the Coen Brothers should have chosen a different western to remake, like The Magnificent Seven, or Silverado. I'm telling you about the bad sides, I did really enjoy True Grit, so now I will tell you about the ups of this film. 1) The acting. Jeff Bridges and Hailee Seinfeld are excellent actors in this, and Hailee should get a nomination for this role, and, in my opinion, an award, too. Matt Damon, however, I thought would be better in this film. I love Matt Damon, so it disappointed me to see him not act as well as I know he can. 2) The funnier scenes. There are some hilarious, brilliant scenes with Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges over the funniest things, like being able to shoot cornbread from a far distance. There are also some really interesting action scenes, including the one where Jeff Bridges and Hailee Seinfeld find two men in a cabin. Overall, True Grit was an interesting, good movie that is better than the original. To See: That is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment