Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello, I Must Be Going

Hello, I Must Be Going Rated NR
This is a funny, deep, dramedy about Amy Minsky (Melanie Lynskey), a newly divorced
35 year-old who moves in with her parents. Her mother (Blythe Danner) just wants her to have a life. Her father (John Rubinstein) is sweet, yet distant. When he invites his new clients (that will lead him to retirement) over for dinner, they bring their 19-year-old son, Jeremy (Christopher Abbott). Amy and Jeremy eventually start a relationship. sneaking out in the middle of the night, trying to see each other.

I found myself laughing and crying while watching this movie. Melanie Lynskey is amazing in it, and so is Christopher Abbott. The funniest character, Gwen, (Julie White) who mistakenly thinks Jeremy is gay (because she's an overly accepting therapist) is fantastic. Blythe Danner is hilarious as the pushy mother, and John Rubinstein is very talented. Okay, okay, my aunt and uncle made it, but I'm telling the truth about the greatness of it.

There is lots of sex in Hello, I Must Be Going. There are many short scenes involving Amy and Jeremy, and many references, too, but nothing too explicit. There is also tons of bad language. But  all of it is worth it, considering the good lessons and comedy of this movie. To See: That is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment